At WA’s Only Female-Run Recycling Facility
West Coast Metals Recycling
Whether you want to get rid of aluminium, brass, stainless steel, or anything in between, we’ll give you the best price for your scrap metal/steel!
As a family-owned and female-run scrapyard, we pride ourselves on our professionalism and organisational skills. Our scrapyard is like no other, we are a step above the rest.
We understand the importance of customer care. We’re always happy to sit down with our customers, make some coffee, and have a chat to get to know them better, all while providing top-quality recycling services to meet their needs.
To sell any Copper/ Copper Alloy you must supply a current drivers licence & a utility bill (no older than 3 months from the issue date) will get you to the 100 points, if you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us today!
For a quality and reliable recycling service that you can rely on, look no further than West Coast Metals Recycling.
We pride ourselves on our professionalism and always going the extra mile to ensure our customers are 100% satisfied with our recycling services.
We are proud of our clean and organised scrapyard. Our customers don’t see us as just another recycling scrapyard, they see us as a place that’s a step above the rest.
We see ourselves as the best in the business, which is why we offer the best prices to all of our customers when they bring us their scrap metal/steel.
Dedicated to delivering impeccable service to our customers, when you come to us, you can expect top quality from start to finish.
Scrap Metal Perth
We Pay Cash for Scrap Metal in Perth
Benefits of Scrap Yard
- The primary reason for every person in the country and around the world to consider recycling is a positive contribution to the environment. Instead of occupying space in landfills, these products go through the proper recycling channels and reserve critical space for non-recyclable items. Additionally, the production of new metal through the mining process increases the release of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Consequently, it spikes the level of pollution in populated areas and contributes to climate change.
- Hoarding scrap metal around your property doesn’t only take up space, but it becomes an eyesore. Furthermore, leaving some objects such as stripped copper cable in the elements will cause oxidisation and therefore decrease its value. It becomes a safety hazard, especially if you have pets and children who often play outdoors. To avoid an incident, it’s advisable to pass the scrap on to metal recyclers in Perth. As a result, you increase the aesthetic value of your property and can enjoy more space.
- If there ever was an incentive to engage with scrap dealers in Perth, it’s the fact that you can secure extra cash for your scrap. OId machinery and household goods that contain materials such as copper, aluminium, brass, iron, and steel will fetch you some money from a local scrapyard. The amount you receive depends on the type of material. Typically, non-ferrous materials fetch a higher price than ferrous metals such as steel and iron.
Interesting Facts About Scrap Metal Recycling in Perth
- There’s a story that dates back to World War Two when the British initiated a metal scrap collection from ordinary citizens. The government removed every item that contained some form of metal such as metal doors or railings from public parks, houses, shops, and public buildings. They melted the material to manufacture munitions, tanks, and aircraft for the war. However, some historians claim that it was a ruse and they merely wanted to raise the morale of citizens. Other theories suggest that the military dumped the items in the Thames while others say that the government sent it to Nigeria and Guyana.
- A con man by the name of Victor Lustig invited six metal scrap business people to a meeting under the illusion of the sale of the Eiffel tower. He sold them the story of being a government agent tasked with selling the material from the famous landmark because they couldn’t afford to maintain the structure. After the meeting, he took the businessmen on a drive in a limousine to view the then 26-year-old tower. He reiterated the fact that it was a state secret and requested their bids the following day. Lustig was successful in obtaining cash for the deal from Andre Poisson. He attempted the same con a month later, but the businessmen caught him after taking the false documents to the police. However, he escaped and later on became famous for conning mob boss Al Capone.
- Recycling was present in early Roman culture when they would melt their bronze coins and create bronze statues. As far back as 1100-BC, people identified the need to recycle materials such as bronze and alloys, including iron and copper. They never discarded any items that they could melt and repurpose.
Why Trust West Coast Metals as Scrap Metal Dealers in Perth
Why You Should Use West Coast Metals Recycling
Enquire About Our Services
Fill in the form below or contact us at -
0477 331 630 / 08 9248 2207